We are blessed to have the volunteer services of compassionate citizens in our surrounding communities. Volunteers help provide the heartbeat of any service-oriented organization. Volunteers often find that not only does their service bless others, but it blesses them as well!
Due to the nature of our services, many of these volunteer activities require screening, background checks and confidentiality agreements. The Methodist Home staff members will help guide you through whatever processes are needed for particular volunteer work.
Individuals must be 21 years or older to volunteer. We can only accept volunteers under the age of 21 under special circumstances.
At The Methodist Home, volunteers help us in a variety of ways:
- Tags of Hope Thrift Shoppe located on Vineville Avenue
- Administrative services (stuff envelopes, file documents, copying, create packets and notebooks, etc.)
- Receptionist services (working the phones, greeting guests)
- Working at events for a campus (ex: Evening of Hope)
- Aiding our Development/Marketing department (helping with mailings, phone calls, fundraising events, etc.)
- Tutoring (requires extra training, background check and supervision)
- Maintenance/General Handiwork
For individuals applying to volunteer, click here
For groups/church organizations applying to volunteer, click here
One of the great supporters of our ministry to children and families are our NOMADS (Nomads On a Mission Active in Divine Service). They are mostly retired individuals who travel the country in RVs and assist United Methodist organizations by providing volunteer labor.
To learn more about this amazing ministry, please visit http://www.nomadsumc.org
The SOWERS (Servants on Wheels Ever Ready) ministry is another phenomenal group of volunteers who spend time traveling and serving organizations in need. SOWERS is a non-profit, non-denominational working ministry made up of interdenominational, Christian RVers.
To learn more about the SOWERS, please visit www.sowerministry.org.
NOMADS and SOWERS visit The Methodist Home numerous times each year and use their talents and skills to perform many tasks and complete a variety of projects (maintenance, construction, repairs, cleaning, clerical, etc). We are grateful for their dedication and service to our children and our entire organization!