Our Rumford Center annually welcomes over 28,000 guests. It has become a major training site in Georgia for people in the helping professions.
Key events include:
- State Planning Committees
- The Rosalyn Carter CARE-NET Site Activities
- DFCS Training
- Youth Independent Living Meetings
- Board of Ordained Ministry Meetings
- Corporate Training Events/Gatherings
- Civic Clubs
- Macon Touchdown Club
We can provide the facilities, meals, and staffing needed to host your training event, work celebration or planning session.
Legal and Ethical Issues with Substance Use & Mental Health Disorders and Understanding Involuntary Commitments in Georgia – August 9, 2018
About Our Facilities
Our gym/stage area can be arranged to host a variety of setups. We can seat 340 people comfortably with round tables of 8 and 425 theatre seating (chairs only). Full audio and video services are available.
Our dining hall, located on the 1st floor, features the traditional banquet style layout with tables and chairs for up to 200 people. Lunch is served daily from 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
The Rumford Center has multiple training/meeting rooms with various setup options, as well as several conference room options.
- Evans Room (4th Floor) – up to 60 people
- Walters Conference Room (4th Floor) – 14 people
- Lipford Room (4th Floor) – 30 people
- Anderson Library (2nd Floor) – 35 people
- 1st Floor Conference Room – 10 people
- 2nd Floor Conference Room – 10 people
- 3rd Floor Conference Room – 30 people
The Rumford Center also houses The Mills Chapel, a gymnasium, weight room, and clothing room for our youth. Our building is fully handicap accessible with adequate parking.
- Please, no outside food or drinks. If you have special needs, please see our receptionist.
- Lunch is served Monday through Thursday from 11:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
- Business hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- Copies and faxes are available. (Please see receptionist)
- Dining Room is located on the 1st floor
- The Methodist Home is a smoke-free campus.
- The Rumford Center is Wi-Fi accessible.