The Methodist Home’s Macon campus serves boys and girls ages 8 to 18(+). We accept referrals from DFCS, DJJ, MAAC, and parental custody under special circumstances. Youth characteristics include, but are not limited to: mild/moderate behavioral and emotional issues, oppositional behaviors, reactive attachment issues and sexual abuse history.
- Residential Care: Maximum Watchful Oversight/Additional Watchful Oversight services provided to children and youth
- Emergency Placement: offered to DFCS counties in a fifty-mile radius of Macon
- STARS: Specialized Treatment for Abuse Reactive Syndrome services for boys 6 to 11 years old
- EMBRACE: Establishing Mother & Baby Relationships in an Affectionate and Caring Environment
- Price Academy: Elementary classrooms for students grades 3 to 8
- Higher Education: Educational support available for youth attending college, vocational school and/or military
STARS Program (Boys ages 6-11 years old)
The STARS Program is designed to re-educate and reinforce healthy sexuality in sexually reactive boys, ages 6 to 11 years old. The STARS Program is structured so that children accomplish long-term, safe, family behavior changes in a ten to twelve-month time frame. Youth receive individual, group and family therapy, academic supports and life skills education, all driven by dynamic assessment and treatment planning. Successful completion of the STARS Program creates a healthy engagement to permanence and reunification.
For more information about the STARS Program, call (478) 952-7008.
EMBRACE is a program dedicated to providing residential care and support for teen mothers ages 12-18(+) and babies birth to four years old.
For more information about the EMBRACE Program, call (478) 751-2800.