The Methodist Home’s Macon campus serves boys and girls ages 8 to 18(+). We accept referrals from DFCS, DJJ, MAAC, and parental custody under special circumstances. Youth characteristics include, but are not limited to: mild/moderate behavioral and emotional issues, oppositional behaviors, reactive attachment issues and sexual abuse history.
- Residential Care: Maximum Watchful Oversight/Additional Watchful Oversight services provided to children and youth
- Emergency Placement: offered to DFCS counties in a fifty-mile radius of Macon
- STARS: Specialized Treatment for Abuse Reactive Syndrome services for boys 6 to 11 years old
- Price Academy: Elementary classrooms for students grades 3 to 8
- Higher Education: Educational support available for youth attending college, vocational school and/or military
STARS Program (Boys ages 6-11 years old)
The STARS Program is designed to re-educate and reinforce healthy sexuality in sexually reactive boys, ages 6 to 11 years old. The STARS Program is structured so that children accomplish long-term, safe, family behavior changes in a ten to twelve-month time frame. Youth receive individual, group and family therapy, academic supports and life skills education, all driven by dynamic assessment and treatment planning. Successful completion of the STARS Program creates a healthy engagement to permanence and reunification.
For more information about the STARS Program, call (478) 952-7008.
Ms. Corinne Simmons
Residential Director (Macon)
Corinne Simmons serves as the Residential Director in Macon. She has worked at The Methodist Home since 1999. Corinne is a native of Mississippi and earned a Bachelor of Science at Tougaloo College in 1990. She obtained a Master of Public Policy and Administration from Mississippi State University in 1993. She completed a Master of Science in Counseling and Educational Leadership at Columbus State University in 2005. Corinne is a Licensed Professional Counselor. Until January 2020, she served as Residential Director for our St. Marys and Valdosta campuses. As Residential Director in Macon, Corinne oversees all programmatic aspects of the region.